- Dip ARM (54 & 55) IIA
- Management Program – university of Capetown
- Russell has 40 year’s experience in engineering risk consulting within the insurance industry. He worked both with insurance companies and insurance brokers for international clients.
- He has extensive experience in projects and risk consulting in South Africa, the African and European continent. His expertise is utilized at a strategic corporate level together with follow through to site assessment. He advises, develops and supports client’s senior management in the implementation of projects and programs. He consults on site to identify, evaluate and quantify risk exposures and delivers mitigating solutions or alternatives best suited to client circumstance or profile.
- His key specialty is the assessment of business impact related risks and specialized business interruption studies
- Experience in the automotive, pulp & paper, forestry, food processing, house care products, engineering, high-rise complexes, mining, cash in transit, warehousing, broadcasting, telecommunications and manufacture.
- Russell pioneered risk control standards for industry and plantations in South Africa with successful counselling and implementation for several major clients. He also represented South Africa on the ISO working group for the standard on Risk Management Terminology.
- Business impact studies
- Business interruption analyses
- Supply chain risks
- Development of risk management standards and processes